Saturday, November 5, 2011

Disco Station 2.0

There are a few reasons I felt compelled to give up the typepad account where we've been blogging since 2005. One, it costs $8.95 a month. No one wants to pay for anything on the internet, its just not the way it's meant to work. Two, the space stopped being interactive. I knew a lot of people were checking in on it, but no one was leaving replies, so it felt like a one way street. And three? I've also lost track of how many people are reading it, which left me feeling a little vulnerable as to how much I'm willing to share.

What I really want to write about is this crazy thing that happened to me. I got pregnant. Somewhat unplanned, at 37. And I'm not sure a lot of people know this. The people I care about do - the people that I see and work with and are close to and those far away who are excited for me. The rest of them? If they aren't in touch with me now, I don't really need for them to know.

Ah fresh blog, with no links to posts that A. made me write so many years ago about boys we snogged! No recaps of wild weekends of debauchery, drunken postings, hangover postings, dirty stories. Not that debauchery can't and won't happen here (in time, perhaps). But I think it's a new era. I need a fresh space. I need a blank canvas. I need to write and it wasn't happening at the old place.

Here's to a fresh start!
(lifts cup of Earl Gray)
(no mimosas till April)

E

No comments:

Post a Comment