Sunday, March 25, 2012

One Week To Go

It's hard to believe its so close now. My due date is next weekend, so chances are within the next two weeks I'll be home with a newborn, figuring out this mom stuff. It does feel a bit more real as I'm aware that this squirming person inside me is probably a healthy 7lbs something already. And it certainly feels like it.

They say the last few weeks are the toughest, and I think one of the reasons is the random and unfixable pain that a woman will get -- somewhere. Mine is in my left leg, near the bikini line or traveling down to the inner thigh somewhere. Makes walking often difficult (except when it magically goes away), proves turning over in bed a carefully orchestrated affair, complete with sound effects. I was walking to work yesterday at a pace I have never attempted before, old people and crippled homeless passing me by, and I just had to laugh. I guess carrying around a full grown human being has its challenges.

Still mildly obsessed with the childbirth drama - will there be any? And collecting stories here and there but mostly I am ready to get it over with. I want it to be a good experience, but chances are it will be uncomfortable to some degree, and for someone who would take half a xanax before getting a filling, its not so much fun to sit around and think of it. Eventually my brain gives up, gets bored, and says, lets see how bad this thing could be.

I'm also having last minute doubts about the name we had picked out months ago, especially after my dear boo told friends he couldn't spell it. I asked him again if we should name our daughter something he couldn't spell and he said no I can do it! And proceeded to leave out a letter. Second try he got it and he assured me he still liked the name.  I'm anticipating grandparents making mumbling or not so mumbling comments about it, but oh well. It came to me so clearly when it did, and nothing else has won out over it in so many months. She can always use her middle name if she doesn't like it.

But for today, haircut and pedicure. Who knows when I will be able to do that easily, again. I'm thinking of purple sparkles for my toes, something to fixate on when I need it. That is, if I can even see my toes. I haven't checked in a while.

E

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Glad you're so close to the delivery date and I hope it goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete