Saturday, September 29, 2012

Three Generations


My mom is here this week and even though I had to do a lot of annoying things (dermotologist, dentist, two trips to the North Shore to get my tire rim fixed), there's something so sweet about having grandma here.

The first night my mom went to sleep in the nursery (that's the only spare bed in the house, is the little soft daybed JenG gave us) I was overcome with a warm fuzzy feeling. My mom and my daughter are tucked up together in the same room, warm and cozy and...together. I can tell that the baby makes my mom so happy. She doesn't need to do anything or see anybody. She's just clocking in as much baby time as possible. When I tell her that I need to run out for a few hours she sits up straight and gets energized, excited that her role is here. Grandma powers concentrated! Also, she gets up and rocks the baby if she wakes up in the middle of the night, which is becoming more rare. But now that she's moved to the nursery its so nice to not have to get out of bed at all. This is such a win-win for everyone involved. Especially motoboy who is taking advantage and getting as much race prep done as he can since mom arrived. He's very lucky about this timing.


Am battling another on-edge week of waiting for a job prospect to call me back ('let's talk on Monday', he now says), but am trying to soak up all the warm fuzzy grandma and baby feelings I can muster. And giving grandma beer and wine with dinner also leads to little bits of gossip here and there. "Why no, I never knew she was a topless dancer!" I said. That actually came out over omelets this morning. Grandma is good for gossip any time.

And especially good at baby holding.

E

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Also glad to have checked in for the breaking news that the baby is now in her crib! Congrats! xo

    ReplyDelete